The Canadian Christmas Tree Growers Association
Canadian Christmas trees provide real jobs for Canadians, from the growers to the farm hands as well as in related industries such as transportation, equipment supply and retail sales.
Why Natural Canadian Christmas Trees?
In Canada, over 28,315 hectares (69,968acres) were dedicated to Christmas tree production in 2011. An acre of Christmas trees produces enough oxygen for 18 people.
Buy Local, Buy Real!
Canadian Christmas tree growers put in the same effort and values, if not more, in preparing the majestic natural trees for your home each year.
The names of the presidents of the Canadian Christmas Tree Growers Association.
- 2016- Mr. Larry Downey
- 2014-2016 Mrs. Shirley Brennan
- 2012-2014 Mr. Arthur Loewen
- 2009-2012 Mr. Myles MacPherson
- 2007-2009 Mr. Larry Downey
- 2005-2007 Mr. Fred Somerville
- 2003-2005 Mr. Shawn Lacey
- 2001-2003 Mr. Gordon Young
- 1999-2001 Mr. Robert Enos
- 1997-1999 Mr. Gordon Mackay
- 1995-1997 Mr. Doug Drysdale
- 1994-1995 Mr. Lewis Downey
- 1992-1994 Mr. Richard Lord
- 1991-1992 Mr. Frank Sudol
- 1990-1991 Mr. Vincent Cormier
- 1986-1990 Mr. Larry Downey
- 1984-1986 Mr. Lloyd McKinnon
- 1983-1984 Mr. Lewis Downey
- 1981-1983 Mr. Richard Lord
- 1981-1982 Mr. Richard Lord
- 1979-1981 Mr. Patrick Downey
- 1977-1979 Mr. Richard Downey
- 1971-1977 Mr. Richard Lord