If you are thinking of starting a Christmas tree farm, we suggest you contact your provincial Christmas tree association. It will be able to best guide you towards becoming a successful Christmas tree grower.
- Join the Association.
- Participate at the meetings and field days usually hosted on a fellow grower’s plantation or tree lot.
- Read up on Christmas tree production; see a starting list below.
- Talk to as many growers as you can; they have many years of experience and can offer you valuable tips and advice.
The Christmas Tree Council of Nova Scotia has put together a manual on growing Christmas trees. For more information, contact their secretary directly at email@example.com
Cost: $97.08, includes shipping within Canada
Other suggested reading and links
- Ontario Christmas Tree Production
- General overview of the industry by Todd Leuty, Agroforestry Specialist/OMAFRA
The following books are also available:
“Basics of Growing Christmas Trees” by Donald B. Hilliker
“Christmas Trees: Growing and Selling Trees, Wreaths, and Greens” by Lewis Hill
“Christmas Trees for Pleasure and Profit” by Arthur Glenn Chapman