The Canadian Christmas Tree Growers Association (CCTGA) is the umbrella group of Canada’s provincial Christmas tree associations.
Below you will find the contact information for the CCTGA’s executive as well as for the provincial associations.
Our environment page gives great information from numerous sources as to why real trees are better for the environment than artificial trees.
General Statistics on Christmas trees.
- Canada harvests approximately 2,5 millions trees annually
- The total value of the Christmas tree exportations (wholesale value) in 2011 was 1.7 million dollars.
- There were 2,381 Christmas tree plantations in Canada in 2011.
- More than 34,600 hectares ( 76,700 acres) were used for growing Christmas trees in Canada in 2011.
- Each hectare produces enough oxygen for 40 persons.